Thursday, November 4, 2010

Harley Davidson 883 Iron


One day in work a mate of mine threw motorcycle news at me and said he had finished with it. I opened it up and there was a very nice looking, matt black Harley. Now I have never been a fan of Harleys but this one took my fancy because it was old school looking, basic, mean and moody. When I went home I had a look on the internet and got a few photos up. VERY NICE. It just so happens that there is a new Harley Davidson dealer in Guildford, so the next morning I took a trip up there. I walked in and there it was in the flesh. VERY VERY NICE. I had a chat and they had a demonstrator so I took it out and the sale was as good as done. I took Annette along and within the week the VFR had been traded in and we were now the owners of a Harley Davidson Sportster 883 Iron. It is a V Twin 883 cc “motorcycle”. This does not deserve to be called a bike, it is a “motorcycle”. The demonstrator managed 100MPH but this is a machine for cruising at around 65. It handles like a dream surprisingly and the ride is definitely harsh so potholes are best avoided. One thing is for sure, it is heavy. Not heavy to ride just to push around. So there you are. A Harley convert and as the dealer said when we bought it, “welcome to the gang”!

No comments:

Post a Comment